Multimedia is increasingly becoming the “biggest big data” as the most important and valuable source for insights and information. It covers from everyone’s experiences to everything happening in the world. As such, multimedia big data is spurring on tremendous amount of research and development of related technologies and applications.
The IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Big Data (BigMM), jointly sponsored by the IEEE-TCMC (Technical Committee on Multimedia Computing) and IEEE-TCSEM (Technical Committee on Semantic Computing), is a world’s premier forum of leading scholars in the highly active multimedia big data research, development and applications. The second BigMM conference hosted by Asia University will be held in Taipei, Taiwan from April 20 to 22 in 2016.
The conference solicits high-quality original research papers in any aspect of multimedia big data. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- New theory and models for multimedia big data computing
- Ultra-high efficiency compression, coding and transmission of multimedia big data
- Content analysis and mining of multimedia big data
- Semantic retrieval of multimedia big data
- Deep learning and cloud computing for multimedia big data
- Green computing for multimedia big data (e.g., high efficiency storage)
- Security and privacy in multimedia big data
- Interaction, access, visualization of multimedia big data
- Multimedia big data systems
- Novel and incentive applications of multimedia big data in various fields (e.g., search, healthcare, life sciences, manufacturing, industry 4.0, transportation, and retail)
BigMM 2016 will showcase high quality oral and poster presentations as well as demonstration sessions. The review will be double blind and at least three reviewers are required. Best papers and demonstrations will be awarded at the conference. All papers in this conference will be included in the IEEExplore and indexed by EI. Authors of high quality papers will be invited to submit an extended version to special issues on “Multimedia Big Data” in prestigious journals including IEEE Transactions on Multimedia.
Regular Papers and Industry Papers
Authors are invited to submit a regular paper (two-column 8 pages maximum) or an industry paper (two-column 6 pages maximum) according to the guidelines available on the BigMM 2016 website.
Authors are invited to submit a demonstration paper (two-column 2 pages maximum) according to the guidelines available on the BigMM 2016 website.
Each year, the organizing committee will organize an algorithmic competition to address one grand challenge in the field of multimedia big data which is open to all tool vendors, academics and corporations. More information is available on the BigMM 2016 website.